Friday, May 10, 2013

Fully Alive




Lately I have been actively pursuing some desires God has given me. It has been a long journey. Partly because I needed a heart change and some time to grow in my faith, but also because I have doubted and just plain ignored the desires for a long time. In my Bible reading this morning this jumped out at me fresh and new. I wanted to share it with you:


Matt 27:65
“Take a guard,” Pilate answered. “Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.”
66 So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.

We live like this sometimes in our walk with God.  I have heard God give me direction, and out of fear, insecurity, or lack of faith I have rolled a stone over my heart, sealed it and posted the guard of disobedience.  I know the end of this story though.  Jesus comes right out of that sealed tomb.  Nothing can hold Him back.  If I don’t let Him use me I will miss out on joy and blessing in this life, and He’ll give the job to someone else.  I pray that when I want to roll a stone over what God’s doing in my life, I will resist the temptation.  Instead I want to stand fully alive outside of the tomb of disobedience.

What about you?  Are you living fully alive?  We've been created with gifts and purpose. Let's not waste our lives worrying about what others may think, or believe the lies we listen to inside our heads about not being smart enough or good enough to do what it is we long to do.  Remove that sealed stone from your life and do something crazy like live, REALLY LIVE, your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment