Thursday, October 17, 2013

Soul Awareness


The past few days it seems God has been trying to get a point across to me.  In the devotional, Jesus Calling, these have been the ones to pop off the page the most:

"Try to stay conscious of Me as you go step by step through this day."

"Awareness of My Presence is your best protection."

"Look to Me continually for help comfort, and companionship...because I am always by your side."

This one struck me the most:

"Train your mind to seek My help continually, even when you feel competent to handle something by yourself.  Don't divide your life into things you can do by yourself and things that require My help.  Instead, learn to rely on Me in every situation."

I am so guilty of this.  Making my To-Do list each day and then trying to implement it all on my own.  Saying to myself, "Ok, if I spend x amount of time on picking up the house, then I'll have x amount of time to work out.  This should leave me x amount of time to get my work done",  and so on, and so on.

We have a God who is interested in every minute of our days.  He wants to be involved, so why don't we let Him? I know why I don't! Because I'm a control freak.  I also don't take the time to consider His ways in ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.  I think we are so set on auto-pilot with many of our every day tasks that it doesn't even occur to us that God wants to be part of the mundane things in our lives.

So, I'm challenging myself to be better at this.  How about you? Would you be willing to  do a "soul check", and pause multiple times during your day and just check in with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment