Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Building Muscles of Faith

You've probably heard this before, but it bears repeating:




I've been a Christian since I was very young.  I grew up in the church.  Heard every Bible story more than a hundred times.  I've sung all the songs, and memorized Bible verses. Although there is significant value to the ground work laid in my life, nothing compares to actually living out my faith over the course of this life.

Doug and I just became aware today of some potential challenges in our near future.  Now this information could have rocked my world, but today it didn't.  I pondered on that a lot tonight and all that I've come up with is one of two things:  
1) The possible enormity of it hasn't truly hit me OR (this is the one I'm going with)
2) After experiencing more than 2 decades of God's faithfulness in our lives I am choosing to trust Him, and not worry. 
He's got us in His hands.  He has never let us down, so for tonight I will go to sleep resting in that promise.

How strong is your faith muscle?  Exercise it by trusting His plan over yours.  He is part of your waking, working, playing, planning, and resting. Let Him be your everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment