Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Movin' On Up

If you follow me on Facebook you may have seen this picture recently.  Our company, Hull's Construction, has always operated out of our home.  The house we live in now is great, but does not have much room for office space.  Truthfully it has none.  I work out from a computer cabinet in our living room and my husband is set up at the kitchen counter.



Over the past few months we have been discussing the possibility of leasing office space here in town.  Well, it has finally come to pass! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. To increase our overhead is a little scary to me, but it's what I've been praying for all year.  Not just space, but someone to help take over a lot of the bookkeeping that I do.  It is not my gift, nor my passion.  I've come to realize that I'm a better person doing what it is that I'm good at and brings me joy.  A friend of mine posted this saying today, and it fits the season I'm in, and hope to stay in regarding why I do what I do.



While doing my devotions this morning I read some "blessed are those" statements in Psalm 84.

"Blessed are those who dwell in your house/ they are ever praising You".
"Blessed are those whose strength is in You".
"Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in You."


I feel reassured about stepping out with this dream.  Doug and I have always trusted God to lead us, and in the ups AND downs we have ever praised Him.  Our strength in God is built most when our faith has been tested.  What I know is that we will never grow and experience all that He has for us if we don't DREAM BIG and trust His leading.

I'm truly excited and feel blessed to be moving towards new goals, dreams, and possibilities.  Do you have a BIG DREAM? Have you even dared to wish for doing more of what makes you happy? I encourage you to find what that is.  Check out Jon Acuff's book START: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters to learn how....and of course always DWELL with God, find your STRENGTH in Him, and TRUST the Lord Almighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment