Saturday, June 29, 2013

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse: What I learned, What I lost, What I gained



Why  the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse?

For me it was to boost a few pounds of weight loss I'd been looking for and to re-energize myself after a busy weekend in Las Vegas.  I'd heard about other people doing it, and I know Shakeology is filled with such goodness that it couldn't hurt.  So I gave it a try and this is my story (and I'm stickin' to it).

Click here to learn more about Shakeology.

See below for a snapshot of what the cleanse entails.

What I learned:
The first day was hard because I didn't get my coffee and my body was a little shocked by the decrease in calories for the day.  I survived.

I have to have coffee in the morning.  Yes, it's true.  I'm an addict and I'm not willing to change.  So, to try and keep it as clean as possible I swapped my creamer for honey and that did the trick.

I also learned you must consume your calories on a very scheduled basis or your gonna be a cranky pants :)  This includes making sure you eat dinner no later than 6pm! Yikes that can get ugly. 

I never lacked energy or felt sleepy.

What I lost:
3 pounds overall and 1 inch off my waist. Who doesn't love that?  Hello bathing suit season!

What I gained:
A reminder of what good food is for my overall health.  What I can still cut back on (I heart Dutch Bros. lattes but I don't need them more than once or twice a week) in the way of processed food...and the beloved bread!

The knowledge that I don't need creamer in my coffee anymore!  I've made the switch to honey...It's better for me and my wallet!

A new favorite dinner recipe:  Turkey burger with spinach and mushrooms. OH.MY.WORD.


Flavors include:
Chocolate
Chocolate Vegan
Vanilla
Strawberry
Strawberry Vegan
Greenberry


To break it down quickly:

  • Green Tea in the a.m.
  • Shakeology mixed with ice, water, & fruit for breakfast
  • 1 serving of fruit for a mid-morning snack
  • Shakeology mixed with ice, water & fruit plus a cup of green tea for lunch
  • Shakeology mixed with ice and water for afternoon snack
  • White/lean meat, veggies, and salad for dinner
  • Drink a lot of water throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment