Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glorious Bodies

It is very important to me to balance my Facebook page with a variety of posts, and while health and fitness are a big part of my life there are other areas that have priority as well and deserve the same attention.  My page is called "The Balanced Life" for a reason. How easy it is to get so hyper focused in one area that the others fade into the background.  

One of my intrinsic priorities is to be "fit" in my relationships starting with my walk with God. This morning I was reading Philippians 3 and verses 20-21 really popped out at me:

But there's far more to life for us.  We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthly bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.

I don't know about you, but I kinda took a deep breath when I read this.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy challenging myself physically, and seeing the results of how I feel and what it does for my body.  There was just something satisfying about knowing that it doesn't end there.  What an incredible moment to pause in the thought that one day Christ will transform my body, no matter what shape it is in, into something my mind can not begin to comprehend!

So, I will continue to be a good steward of this earthly body God has granted me for this time on earth, and look forward to the ROCKIN' body that is yet to come!  Can you imagine running on streets of gold?


No comments:

Post a Comment