Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sugar & Spice

As parents, we all have those moments when we wonder, "What the heck was I thinking?" I know I have them!  My husband and I like to quote the movie It's a Wonderful Life when James Stewart says, "Why'd we have to have all these kids anyway?"  Of course we are kidding!

Back in 2005 this little princes came and completed our family by rounding our the 3 biological boys to 4 kids.  She's been a princess from the beginning.



Recently I was having a moment of doubt.  Doubting my ability to raise a teenage daughter.  I can honestly say boys are easier.  Not better. Just easier.  She is all things sugar and spice!  This is her today, and yes, Dad has a shotgun.



Anyway, in my recent day of doubt (that I had kept to myself) my daughter busied herself outside, picked flowers and arranged them.  This showed up on my nightstand along with a very sweet note.



Needless to say my doubts were subsided and hope crept in.  I'm so thankful God blessed me with a girl who has such a sweet spirit.  I think we're going to be O.K. Sugar and spice and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment